The University of Burgundy (uB) sinks its roots deep into the history of France. The origins of uB go back to the times of the French monarchy, with the founding of the Dijon faculty of law in 1722, at the instigation of King Louis XV of France.
After the French Revolution, between 1805 and 1809, Emperor Napoleon I of France founded the faculties of Science, Arts and Medicine, at the heart of Dijon.
150 years later, in the 1950’s, the entire University, along with its new faculties, settled on the beautiful current campus, at the doors of the city centre.
Over the past 20 years, five other campuses have been created all across Burgundy. Each one of them contributes to making uB the leading higher education and research institution in the region
With currently over 200 partner universities across Europe and all over the world, uB has been expanding its education and research network for many years.
Its mains development axes are Asia (China, Korea, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Vietnam) as well as Eastern and Central Europe (especially the new European Union member countries and Turkey).
uB is also active in other parts of the globe in need of its scientific knowledge (e.g. in Mexico for the automobile industry, in Brazil and Chile for wine-growing, or in Niger for Earth sciences).
Bilateral cooperation ties, developed in the course of the 20th century, such as the one with the University of Mainz in Germany, made many joint bachelor, masters and PhD degrees possible, sometimes with the help of a third academic partner.
Finally, uB invests itself thoroughly in European programmes such as Erasmus Mundus
Head of International Affairs :
Administrative Officer :
Welcome Desk :
Centre for International researchers :
Free movers :
Incoming Erasmus students :
- From Great Britain, Ireland and Spain : Frédérique LAHEURTE
- From other European countries : Mrs Martina MAYER PERREAU
Incoming Exchange students :
Incoming exchange students from the University of Mainz as part of the joint-degree-programme :
You wish to come and study at the University of Burgundy within the framework of a bilateral agreement with your home university.
Before applying you can check our exchange list to see if a bilateral agreement has been signed between your institution and the University of Burgundy.
- How to apply ?
- Book a room
- Learn French
- You have been admitted to enrol at uB for the 2009/2010 academic year.
More information on : http://www.u-bourgogne.fr/-Etudiants-en-convention-.html
Faculties and departments
- Faculty of Law and Political Sciences
- Faculty of Language and Communication
- Faculty of Arts and Philosophy
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Sports
- Faculty of Science and Technology
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical and Biological Sciences
- Faculty of Earth & Environmental Sciences
- Engineering School of Materials Research (ESIREM)
- Transports and Automobile Institute (ISAT)
- Jules Guyot Institute of Vine & Wine (IUVV)
- Training Institute for General administration (IPAG)
- University of Burgundy Institute for Teachers Training (IUFM)
- Institute of Technology in Dijon-Auxerre
- Institute of Technology in Chalon-sur-Saône
- Institute of Technology in Le Creusot
- Corporate Documentation Networks & Image Engineering
- Denis Diderot Culture, Training & Education Management Institute